Answering your questions.
Q. Why would I want to consider a business focused on outdoor living?
Outdoor Living Category Facts & Figures:
- Consumers are not flipping homes as frequently as in the past and are choosing to upgrade and remodel their existing homes.
- The demand for outdoor living spaces continues to grow each year, making it one of the most popular remodeling categories for home improvements. In fact, according to the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the demand for outdoor living spaces is on the rise, as more than 60% of architects responding to an AIA survey said they had seen an increase in outdoor living space requests.
- Of the 80 million homes in the U.S., 60 million still need decks! However, decks represent only about half of the annual sales volume that is designed and built under the Archadeck Outdoor Living name. Screened porches, sunrooms, three-season rooms, patios, hardscapes areas, pergolas, gazebos and more outdoor living structures are all important components of the Archadeck product line.
- Decks typically need to be replaced every 10-20 years. Our deck-safety initiatives help bring this to the forefront of every home owners’ mind, resulting in significant levels of deck replacement and renovation business.
- Outdoor Living remodeling and construction is a multi-billion dollar business in North America, with strong growth trends that show no signs of slowing based on the latest consumer research.
Q. What is the cost of an average residential project for Archadeck?
- As outlined in our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which you will receive during our Discovery Process, the Average Project Value (APV) for a residential project in 2012 was $18,062 and generated healthy gross profit margins.
- The FDD also contains APVs for many other types of projects that are built by our franchisees, projects such as decks, porches, sunrooms, patios and hardscapes, and combination projects (projects that include multiple design elements).
Q. What types of projects does Archadeck design and build?
Archadeck Outdoor Living designs and builds every type of outdoor living project including the following: Decks, Sunrooms, Pergolas, Patios, Outdoor Living Rooms, Pergolas, Gazebos, Shade Structures, Outdoor Kitchens, Outdoor Fireplaces, Fire Pits, Hardscapes and more!
Simply put, if the client has a dream of what they want their outdoor living space to be, we can help them make that dream come true!
Q. What benefits and services do I receive when I become an Archadeck franchisee?
- Expert training and support for all operational aspects of your business such as:
- Marketing & Lead Generation
- Design, Pricing & Sales
- Construction & Production Management
- Business & Financial Management
- Turnkey marketing programs to help promote your business
- Experts on staff to help your online presence to drive lead flow
- Peer-to-peer networking events throughout the year
- A Drafting Department that produces beautiful 3-D renderings and detailed building plans that meet or exceed all local code requirements
- Preferred suppliers for key categories of outdoor living products and services
- A financial benchmarking program that allows you to compare the performance of your office to your peers and target areas for improved financial performance
- A comprehensive technology platform that provides you with the following items:
- A flexible and sophisticated website for your local office
- Automatic lead generation from both the Archadeck national website and your local website
- A web-based customer relationship management (CRM) tool to track your leads through the sales process
- A web-based pricing and estimating tool
- A web-based marketing tool that provides you with immediate access to a wealth of marketing materials and digital photo assets
- A web-based customer survey tool
- An interactive forum to ask questions and exchange ideas with your fellow Archadeck franchisees
- Innovative design and sales tools combined with a proven sales process to differentiate yourself from other contractors
Q. How can an Archadeck franchise help me grow my existing business?
- Diversify your existing business mix by marketing Archadeck Outdoor Living projects to your current client base.
- Broaden your client demographic and win more bids by becoming the one-stop service provider for all in-home and outdoor project needs for your clients.
- Cross-market the services of your respective businesses to increase your “share of wallet” and generate more cost-effective new customer acquisition strategies.
- Leverage your existing corporate infrastructure by adding incremental Archadeck revenue to your operations.
Q. I don’t have any construction experience, so this can’t be the right business for me can it?
- Previous construction experience is not a requirement as our training programs and franchise support teams will teach you all the basic elements you need to know. After all, we are looking for franchise operators who are looking to build a vibrant and growing business, not swing a hammer on a project job site. In fact, many successful Archadeck franchisees began their Archadeck careers with no practical construction knowledge at all.