1) Why would I want to consider a business focused on outdoor living?
Here are some Outdoor Living category facts and figures:
- Consumers are not flipping homes as frequently as they were in the past
and are choosing to upgrade and remodel their existing homes.
- The demand for outdoor living spaces continues to grow each year, making
it one of the most popular remodeling categories for home improvements.
In fact, according to the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the
demand for outdoor living spaces is on the rise, as more than 34.8% of
architects responding to AIA surveys said they had seen an increase in
outdoor living space requests.
- Of the 80 million homes in the U.S., 60 million still need decks! However,
decks represent only about half of the annual sales volume that is designed
and built under the Archadeck Outdoor Living name. Screened porches, sunrooms,
three-season rooms, patios, hardscapes areas, pergolas, gazebos, and more
outdoor living structures are all important components of the Archadeck
- Decks typically need to be replaced every 10-20 years. Our deck-safety
initiatives help bring this to the forefront of every homeowner’s
mind, resulting in significant levels of deck replacement and renovation business.
- Outdoor Living remodeling and construction is a multi-billion dollar business
in North America, with strong growth trends that show no signs of slowing
based on the latest consumer research.
2) I don’t have any construction experience, so this can’t
be the right business for me, can it?
Previous construction experience is not a requirement as our training programs
and franchise support teams will teach you all the basic elements you
need to know. After all, we are looking for franchise operators who are
looking to build a vibrant and growing business, not swing a hammer on
a project job site. In fact, many successful Archadeck franchisees began
their Archadeck careers with no practical construction knowledge at all.
3) What types of projects does Archadeck design and build?
Archadeck designs and builds every type of outdoor living project, some
of which include:
- Outdoor Living Rooms
- Shade Structures
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
Simply put, if the client has a dream of what they want their outdoor living
space to be, our hardscaping franchise can make that dream come true.
Don't See Answers to Your Questions?
Call the Archadeck team at (804) 374-9736 or fill out a
contact us form to get more information.
4) How can an Archadeck franchise help me grow my existing business?
Pursuing this opportunity can help you diversify your existing business
mix by marketing Archadeck Outdoor Living projects to your current client
base. You can broaden your client demographic and win more bids by becoming
the one-stop service provider for all outdoor project needs for your clients.
By cross-marketing the services of your respective businesses, you can
increase your “share of wallet” and generate more cost-effective
new client acquisition strategies. You can also leverage your existing
corporate infrastructure by adding incremental Archadeck revenue to your
5) What is the cost of an average residential project for Archadeck?
As outlined in our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which you will
receive during our Discovery Process, the Average Project Value (APV)
for a residential project in 2018 was $24,261 and generated healthy gross
profit margins. The FDD also contains APVs for many other types of projects
that are built by our franchisees such as decks, porches, sunrooms, patios
and hardscapes, and combination projects (projects that include multiple
6) What benefits and services do I receive when I become an Archadeck franchisee?
Expert training and support for all operational aspects of your business such as:
- Marketing and lead generation
- Design, pricing, and sales
- Construction and production management
- Business and financial management
- Turnkey marketing programs to help promote your business
- Experts on staff to help build your online presence to drive lead flow
- Peer-to-peer networking events throughout the year
- A Drafting Department that produces beautiful 3-D renderings and detailed
building plans that meet or exceed all local code requirements
- Preferred suppliers for key categories of outdoor living products and services
- A financial benchmarking program that allows you to compare the performance
of your office to your peers and target areas for improved financial performance
A comprehensive technologyplatform that provides you with the following items:
- A flexible and sophisticated website for your local office
- Automatic lead generation from both the Archadeck national website and
your local website
- A web-based client relationship management (CRM) tool to track your leads
through the sales process
- A web-based pricing and estimating tool
- A web-based marketing tool that provides you with immediate access to a
wealth of marketing materials and digital photo assets
- A web-based customer survey tool
- An interactive forum to ask questions and exchange ideas with your fellow
- Innovative design and sales tools combined with a proven sales process
to differentiate yourself from other hardscaping contractors