Frequently Asked Questions
Answers About Our Home Improvement Franchise
As North America’s leading designer and builder of outdoor living spaces, our team at Archadeck Outdoor Living is confident we can help you achieve both financial success and the personal rewards that come with making property owners’ dreams come true. Below, you will find detailed answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. We appreciate your interest and look forward to helping you reach new heights in your career with our deck building franchise.
Why would I want to consider a business focused on outdoor living?
Here are some Outdoor Living category facts and figures:
- Consumers are not flipping homes as frequently as they were in the past and instead are choosing to upgrade and remodel their existing homes.
- The demand for outdoor living spaces continues to grow each year, making it one of the most popular remodeling categories for home improvements. In fact, according to the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the demand for outdoor living spaces is on the rise, as more than 34.8% of architects responding to AIA surveys said they had seen an increase in outdoor living space requests.
- Of the 80 million homes in the U.S., 60 million still need decks! However, decks represent only about half of the annual sales volume that is designed and built under the Archadeck Outdoor Living name. Screened porches, sunrooms, three-season rooms, patios, hardscapes areas, pergolas, gazebos, and more outdoor living structures are all important components of the Archadeck product line.
- Decks typically need to be replaced every 10-20 years. Our deck-safety initiatives help bring this to the forefront of every homeowner’s mind, resulting in significant levels of deck replacement and renovation business.
- Outdoor Living remodeling and construction is a multi-billion-dollar business in North America, with strong growth trends that show no signs of slowing based on the latest consumer research.
Ready to take the next steps to owning a home improvement franchise? Contact us today at (804) 374-9736!
I don’t have any construction experience, so this can’t be the right business for me, can it?
Previous construction experience is not a requirement as our training programs and franchise support teams will teach you all the basic elements you need to know. After all, we are looking for franchise operators who are looking to build a vibrant and growing business, not swing a hammer on a project job site. In fact, many successful Archadeck franchisees began their Archadeck careers with no practical construction knowledge at all. Discover what to expect as a deck franchise owner, review a day in the life of a local Archadeck owner.
Do I need to have a showroom or design center?
No! Many of our Archadeck franchise owners operate out of their home with ease, making our business a great home-based franchise opportunity. As you grow, you may decide to acquire an office or showroom, but it’s not necessary!
What types of projects does Archadeck design and build?
Archadeck designs and builds every type of outdoor living project, some of which include: decks, sunrooms, pergolas, patios, outdoor living spaces, gazebos, shade structures, outdoor kitchens, outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, and hardscapes. Simply put, if the client has a dream of what they want their outdoor living space to be, our hardscaping franchise can make that dream come true.
How can an Archadeck franchise help me grow my existing business?
Pursuing this opportunity can help you diversify your existing business mix by marketing Archadeck Outdoor Living projects to your current client base. You can broaden your client demographic and win more bids by becoming the one-stop service provider for all outdoor project needs for your clients. By cross-marketing the services of your respective businesses, you can increase your “share of wallet” and generate more cost-effective new client acquisition strategies. You can also leverage your existing corporate infrastructure by adding incremental Archadeck revenue to your operations.
What is the cost of an average residential project for Archadeck?
As outlined in our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which you will receive during our Discovery Process, the Average Project Value (APV) for a residential project in 2019 was $27,331 and generated healthy gross profit margins. The FDD also contains APVs for many other types of projects that are built by our franchisees such as decks, porches, sunrooms, patios and hardscapes, and combination projects (projects that include multiple design elements).
Start your journey today with Archadeck’s expertise. Contact us at (804) 374-9736 or fill out our contact form below to request more information about our outdoor living space franchise opportunities.
What benefits and services do I receive when I become an Archadeck franchisee?
Expert training and support for all operational aspects of your business such as:
- Marketing and lead generation
- Design, pricing, and sales
- Construction and production management
- Business and financial management
Additional support you will receive as an Archadeck franchisee:
- Turnkey marketing programs to help promote your business
- Experts on staff to help build your online presence to drive lead flow
- Peer-to-peer networking events throughout the year
- Innovative design and sales tools combined with a proven sales process to differentiate yourself from other hardscaping contractors
- A Drafting Department that produces beautiful 3-D renderings and detailed building plans that meet or exceed all local code requirements
- Preferred suppliers for key categories of outdoor living products and services
- A financial benchmarking program that allows you to compare the performance of your office to your peers and target areas for improved financial performance
A comprehensive technology platform that provides you with the following items:
- A flexible and sophisticated website for your local office
- Automatic lead generation from both the Archadeck national website and your local website
- A web-based client relationship management (CRM) tool to track your leads through the sales process
- A web-based pricing and estimating tool
- A web-based marketing tool that provides you with immediate access to a wealth of marketing materials and digital photo assets
- A web-based customer survey tool
- An interactive forum to ask questions and exchange ideas with your fellow Archadeck franchisees
Don't see answers to your question? Call the Archadeck team at (804) 374-9736 or fill out our contact form below to get more information.